I was blessed to have an exceptional childhood. My parents did everything they could to ensure that our time as children was both fun and fruitful. It was amazing to watch how they were able to be both completely dedicated to us and firmly committed to making a difference in the world. And what a legacy they forged.
- They showed us the pathway to spiritual freedom, by knowing the God (the Father; Jesus Christ, the Son; and the Holy Spirit);
- They inspired us to seek intellectual freedom, by committing themselves to learning about the world, how it works, and all that’s in it;
- They were examples of entrepreneurial freedom, being able to innovatively and sustainably respond to challenges and opportunities;
- They served as role models of economic freedom, both making thoughtful investments and generous contributions within the marketplace and the society; and
- They demonstrated the importance of social freedom, themselves actively participating in their country’s and continent’s push for self-determination.
I am forever grateful for their lives. They not only brought me to life, but also the purpose, passions, and interests I pursue today. I am first and foremost a follower of Christ, a husband, and a father. And just like them, I am also committed to doing all I can to leave a legacy of spiritual, intellectual, social, entrepreneurial, and economic freedom for my own children.
I’m therefore striving daily to: share the good news of Jesus Christ; help children become lovers of learning; encourage entrepreneurship – especially among youth; promote development through investment and philanthropy; and encourage adults to play their part as architects of the common good.
I’m not sure I will be able to fill the formidable footprints of my parents, but I hope in some small way to leave a legacy of faith, hope, and love for my children.